Amazon Banner

Sunday 20 November 2011

Lego Design by me packaging and box quality.

One thing I haven't talked about yet is the quality of the packaging and the print quality of the box you get when you buy a Lego Design by me set.  First things first, I'll explain what you get with a Lego Design by me set.  What you get is a large, standard Lego Design by me set box - with a glossy, printed wrap around cover to go over the top.

I presume this keeps the costs down for Lego Design by me, but the overall quality is excellent.  If anything the finished printed Lego Design by me box is better quality than it looks like it will be when you design it.

The Lego Design by me, box design interface is pretty easy to use - easier than the Lego Digital Designer you used to create the model anyway.  You can add a title and who designed it - I would say more characters to use in the title would have been nice.  On the Lego Design by me box interface you get a series of graphics and backgrounds you can add - and you can create a different picture for the front and the back of your custom box.

I was very pleased with my Lego Design by me set, from the model, to print quality of the box.  It isn't like a production set - you get all 500 bits in one bag and you take a while to sort them out.  The Lego Design by me auto generated instructions are not perfect - they are good!

Lego Design by me - Box & Model

Lego Design by me box - Front Cover

Lego Design by me - back of box

Lego Design by me - back of box with model.

Lego Design by me - Instructions and packing list.

Lego Design by me - Instructions and model

Lego Design by me - Later part of instructions

Lego Design by me - Final page of Instructions

Lego Design by me - Model with Box and glossy sleeve/cover.

Lego Design by me - Model and box


Lego Design by me - Model with removeable roof off.

Lego Design by me - Rear view showing gunner.


Lego Design by me - Crew comprising Pilot, Navigator, Captain and Gunner from left to right.



Lego Design by me - Pilots cockpit 

Lego Design by me - Front view - Pilot in foreground


I've included some pictures of the Lego Design by me box so you can see the quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contextual Links